[Bldg-sim] eQuest - FCU - how to make it cycle

Yuvaraj Saravanan Yuvaraj.Saravanan at arup.com
Wed Sep 24 10:56:48 PDT 2008

Hi All,
Does anyone know how to make a FCU cycle ON/OFF based on the zone
thermostat setting? I tried choosing the "Fan on mode" to be
intermittent in the Fan->Flow parameters tab. When I make the fan to be
intermittent, fan is cycling but the supply CFM is no more a constant
volume. It is varying the supply CFM. I observed this in the hourly
report.

ASHRAE standard 90.1 requires the fan to cycle to meet the loads during
unoccupied hours. How everybody model this in eQuest when you have a FCU
system?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Yuvaraj
Yuvaraj Saravanan, PE
Engineer

> Arup
12777 West Jefferson Boulevard Suite 200
Los Angeles CA 90066
> tel:	1 310 578 4400
dir:	1 310 578 4521
> fax:	1 310 577 7011