[Bldg-sim] eQuest tutorial

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 13:00:03 PDT 2008

Hi!   I’m fairly new to eQuest (and building energy too) and I’ve been using
eQuest for a short period of time now, and I’m pretty

decent in using it.  However, I have no means to verify my simulation
results to find out if my modeling assumptions, and the way I use eQuest

are correct.  I mainly use eQuest t find out HVAC cooling requirements for
specific projects, for example, a friend of mine recently bought a house

and consider to install a HVAC system.  I verified the proper tonnage (or
BTU/Hr) and came with a pretty good answer, but unless he buy the HVAC

unit and install it, there is no real way to find out if my results are
correct.  Does anybody have a example project with results that I can trust
??

Also maybe a tutorial with complete exercises and answers?

Thanks!!

Thank you and have a nice day! :)

———————————————————————————————

Louis-Philippe Allard, EIT; Tech.

Email: lp.allard.1 at gmail.com

Registered with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) and Ordre des
Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)

THIS MESSAGE IS ONLY INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT(S) AND
MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY AND/OR CONFIDENTIAL.
review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying, conversion to
hard copy or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error,
please notify me by return e-mail and delete this message from your system.
Your cooperation is appreciated.