[Bldg-sim] Floors Built into Grade

Paul Carey Paul at zed-uk.com
Fri Sep 5 08:30:04 PDT 2008

Josh

Kind of depends on what modelling tool you choose.  DesignBuilder make this
easy as you just draw the ground next to the building using the ground
obstructions component type (from memory) and it then assigns the correct
adjacency conditions to your model.  To do different wall panels you just
use sub-panels.

IES, you can do similar you just have to set adjacency conditions within the
model.  Seeing they now have their google sketchup link that might make it
quite easy to do too.  Same sort of thing in TAS.

Not sure in E-quest, but I'm sure someone will let you know.

Regards

Paul

Dr Paul Carey
Director