[Bldg-sim] Ebergy Plus and SketchUp

Scott Schreffler ScottS at Dykeman.net
Thu Sep 11 09:25:15 PDT 2008

Hello,
I am interested in learning an energy simulation software and need some advice from you experts.  I am architecturally trained with over ten years experience.  Unfortunately I am not trained in mechanical engineering and have only a cursory knowledge of a variety of the more common mechanical and electrical systems.  I have taken quite a few lighting classes.

Which program would be the best for me in terms of balancing
a. User-friendly for an architect and
b. Robust and commonly accepted standard for LEED et al.

Thanks very much in advance for your comments!

Scott