[Bldg-sim] CFD Software for Built Environment

fazia.alitoudert at daad-alumni.de fazia.alitoudert at daad-alumni.de
Fri Sep 12 08:41:43 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I need to know the wind speed and wind direction at several heights
close to facades of a building which is surrounded by other buildings.
I need this info later for an indoor energy simulation. I am thinking
of using ENVI-met for this but it is a bit complicated and requires
many runs.
... so I have very basic questions on CFD: can a CFD simulation be run
for a period of time or is it limited to a specific time? is it
possible to make a simulation for one year on an hourly basis i.e.
8760 hours with the corresponding series of wind speed and direction.
if yes, how time-consuming will it be? What are actually the main
inputs needed by a CFD model?
is there any useful weblink to this issue?
Thanks,
Regards,Fazia