[Bldg-sim] eQUEST logic statements

Steve Mignogna smignogna at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 12:24:14 PDT 2008

Mike-

I've done various things using with logic statements in eQuest but usually
find that they create more problems then they solve.  Simple logic
statements work fine but when I create long statements they seem to get cut
off and corrupt my .inp file.  Does anyone else share this opinion? I'm
curious to see if complex logic statements can be incorporated without
errors.  For example, I've created scripts that pull Occupancy, Heat Gain,
LPD, and EPD values based on the schedules assigned to the spaces.  They
usually work first time but once I re-open my model it becomes corrupted. I
think this has something to do with DOE2/eQuest only being able to read a
certain amount of characters per line.  Any thoughts?

--
Steve Mignogna
Atelier Ten