[Bldg-sim] Software Recommendations

Pete Murray pete.murray at iesve.com
Fri Sep 12 12:31:00 PDT 2008

Ryan,

IES has a plugin to sketchup now, so the students could build their
models in free sketchup, then use the IES sustainability toolkit to run
the likes of the 2030 challenge with annual energy consumption and
carbon emissions (taking into account building shading), loads analysis,
solar shading studies and LEED daylighting compliance for NC 2.2 credit
8.1. These are all done with one button click so very little input is
required by the user to get extremely powerful and informative outputs.

It's something you can download from the website if you wish to trial
it. www.iesve.com

Pete