[Bldg-sim] FCU with outside air fan

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:54:30 PDT 2008

I have noticed this too.  The constant volume exhaust fan merely means that
the fan runs constantly, but may not draw air through the space (read the
help file on this, it's more eloquent than I am).

What I have done to remedy this issue using other system types is specify
that the system fan operates as a variable volume fan, with the fan curve
being linear.  This will allow the fan to modulate down to the required
exhaust airflow.  If you look at the help files for "SUPPLY-KW/FLOW" it
shows the fan curves for variable speed fans, cycling fans, discharge, etc.
So this is the way that the program models cycling fans already, and you can
use it to your advantage with the exhaust airflow piece.

Hope this works!

--
Karen