[Bldg-sim] Version Opening Error

Joel Travis joel at andelmanlelek.com
Thu Sep 25 08:56:21 PDT 2008

Hello Shruti,

I quickly checked into opening eQuest files in previous versions and I found
a similar error.  What I did to remedy the problem was simply remove the
strings of text that were causing the error.

*I can tell you what I did but I am open to other suggestions from the
board.*

The *.pd2 file that your error refers to is a text file and you can open it
in any text editor.

1.       Make a backup copy of the *.pd2 file.

2.       Open the file in a text editor

3.       Find row number 24 (as your error message refers to)

a.       It should look like the following text:.

   ProjTreeType[1] = 1

   ProjTreeID[1] = 10040000

   ProjTreeLabel[1] = "Site Data"

b.       It seems that the newer versions of eQuest use this "projecttree"
notation and the previous version do not.

4.       Therefore,  delete these rows of text and save the file.

5.       Try to reload the file in the previous version and it should load.

If this doesn't work you will still have your backup file you made in step
one.  Good luck and tell me if this helps.

-

Joel Travis, LEED AP

Andelman and Lelek Engineering, Inc.

781-769-8773