[Bldg-sim] FW: HVAC Data for Malaysia

P. Hay phay at cwjamaica.com
Sat Apr 11 19:07:22 PDT 2009

From: P. Hay [mailto:phay at cwjamaica.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2009 05:26 PM
To: 'mohammed aliyu'
Subject: RE: [Bldg-sim] HVAC Data for Malaysia

You might want to try a data file for typical meteorological year for a
location of similar latitude, like Guam

<http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/old_data/nsrdb/tmy2/State.html>.  This will
give you usable solar insolation values, and radiation is most critical in
simulation of sub-tropical locations; but, since Guam is an island the
diurnal temperatures will not be as pronounced as Malaysia, and this will be
important to your HVAC study.

Paul Hay

Managing Partner

PAUL HAY Capital Projects