[Bldg-sim] CEM Studying Material

David Elfstrom listbox at elfstrom.com
Tue Apr 28 13:40:49 PDT 2009

I wrote the CEM exam on Friday after taking the 5-day workshop. The
workshop note handout package contains all of the information to answer
about 80-90% of the questions. I brought a couple of other books into
the exam with me and used them for about three questions. I found the
workshop to be well worth the time and money investment.

For self-study the Guide to Energy Management 6th ed
Capehart/Turner/Kennedy is very appropriate. It goes into more depth
than what is needed on the exam. They actually gave us a copy of this
book at the workshop.

There's also the online practice test which you should definitely do if
you're not taking the 5-day workshop.

I did a 3-day crash course private study group for my LEED AP exam too.
I would say the LEED exam is slightly harder than the CEM exam, but in
both cases you have to be prepared.

--
David Elfstrom, P.Eng, LEED® AP
President & Sustainability Engineer

Elfstrom Engineering Professional Corporation
#421-437 Roncesvalles Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M6R 3B9
mobile 647-235-8872
fax 647-436-7832
david at elfstromengineering.com
www.elfstromengineering.com