[Bldg-sim] All weather data.

Alexander Czank aczank at r3energy.com
Thu Aug 20 04:09:13 PDT 2009

I see that weather is causing many issues for people in non US regions. I
have replied to a couple of you with more targeted information but here are
some resources to help you overcome these problems.

http://www.wunderground.com/ ß This website contains historical data for
thousands of locations worldwide, they allow you to specify windows of time
that you wish to have data for. The data is exportable to CSV and other
similar data types.

http://www.ecotect.com/node/702 and http://www.doe2.com/Download/Weather/

The ecotect link has some information and direction to a tool that will aide
you in creating importable files for eQuest or other modeling software that
you might have. The DOE link is directly from DOE2 website, there are some
weather utilities there, as well as plenty of weather files for US sites
that you can use to help you format your data if you need to do custom
inputs.

I hope this proves to be of some help to all of you modeling outside of the
country. If anyone would like more direction or help with this feel free to
drop me a line and I will attempt to help you as I can.

Thank you,

Alexander Czank

Energy Systems Analyst

R3 Energy Management Audit & Review LLC

Office: 914.909.3940 x107

Cell: 914.218.7779

Fax: 914.909.3941

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this email and document's
attached are for the exclusive use of the addressee and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you have received this
communication in error, please advise the sender by reply email and
immediately delete this message and any attachments without copying or
disclosing the contents.  Thank you

ü Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail