[Bldg-sim] A90.1 local buildings

Hisham Ahmad hisham at edsglobal.com
Tue Aug 4 01:55:07 PDT 2009

Hi
I have recently modeled and submitted surrounding building shading effect in
both the proposed and baseline for a commercial campus.
The arguement is that in a campus situation where multiple bldgs are owned
and designed by the same party,shading can be intelligently used to offset
cooling loads and for a building which is shaded by neighbouring buildings
on all sides,simulation results would be considerably different if we
discount the shading.

Hisham

Regards

Hisham Ahmad