[Bldg-sim] help in PhD research - solar chimney simulation

Leticia Neves leticiadeoneves at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 11:03:00 PST 2009

Hi,

My PhD research is about the use of a tilted solar chimney to enhance natural ventilation by stack effect, in Brazil.
I have built a test cell (picture attached) and I want to do computer simulations of the solar chimney I proposed, in order to do some parametric analysis and to verify the performance in several locations through the country.
I tried to use EnergyPlus but it wasn't very successfull.
I need a suggestion of sotware that is suitable for what I need. Does anyone have an indication?
In case of using TRNSYS, it is possible to do this kind of simulation with the demo version, or do I have to have the TRNFlow module? (not available at demo version)

Thanks.
Leticia