[Bldg-sim] LEED District Steam Rules: baseline step 1 vs step2

Sam Mason sam.mason at atelierten.com
Thu Dec 3 07:11:19 PST 2009

Ryan,

If you look at Table 4 on page 7of the USGBC District Energy System
Modeling Guidelines, you will see district heating for step 2 can be
either a heating plant (boilers) or furnaces. Since your building falls
under system type 3, I believe you would use Option 1 and model fossil
fuel furnaces for heating in step 2.

Anyone else have a thought?

Sam

--