[Bldg-sim] Modeling Self Contained DX AHUs (Water Cooled)

Don Lipinski donl at auseea.com
Tue Feb 24 16:14:05 PST 2009

Does anybody know the best way to model an AHU with internal compressor that is water cooled with an external tower?  The AHU sits in a insulated mechanical room with return air and OA dumped directly into the Mech room.  I know eQuest has the capability to do this, however you do not have the ability to choose whether the VAVs are parallel or series boxes.   So I started a model in VisualDOE, and I think the water loop heat pump is the closest VisualDOE can get to this system, however I would like to see if anyone has successfully modeled this type of system.

thanks,
Don Lipinski, PE