[Bldg-sim] Title-24 in our eQuest workflow.

Reilman, Andrew areilman at syska.com
Tue Feb 24 16:37:17 PST 2009

Hello All,
I am struggling to iron out the workflow with my group as far as MEP design and compliance documentation.  We do design, high performance - sustainable modeling and compliance documentation for M, E and P.
>From the HVAC standpoint that involves Trace for loads, eQuest for modeling and LEED, and EnergyPro or eQuest for Title-24 documentaion.

1) eQuest Title-24 documentation has a LARGE HOLE.  The lighting, LTG, forms are not filled out by the software completely.  This is specifically related to the lighting schedule and controls credit worksheets. In EnergyPro, controls credits are picked from a list in the software depending on the application. The associated credit is listed on the credit worksheet by room.  eQuest has no drop down.  You enter a credit amount (ie 0.2 w/SF) on the compliance tab.  I merely prints a blank line on the form for you fill out "by hand"!  Are we cave men?

2) How do others (I hope you are out there!!) deal with this workflow?

Kind Regards,

Andrew Reilman, P.E., LEED® AP
Mechanical Engineer
Syska Hennessy Group, Inc.

11500 W. Olympic Blvd.,
Suite 680
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Tel: 310.254.3894
Fax: 310.473.7468
Email: areilman at syska.com
http://www.syska.com
A member company of SH Group, Inc.
This email and any files transmitted with it are the property of SH Group, Inc. and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. The information contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged or otherwise confidential information and unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender by e-mail.