[Bldg-sim] DistrictCooling, Purchased Cooling

krishnaji pawar krishnaji at mecsd.com
Sun Jan 11 22:34:49 PST 2009

Hi Guys!
We're doing a LEED Core and Shell Project.
1. Can anyone explain to me in detail the difference and use of Cooling
Capacity(kBTU/hr), Cooling Peak(kBTU/hr) and Cooling Energy(MBTU)? How can I
use these in LEED Submittals? 2. In Visual DOE File Reports(referring to Fan
Energy Part Load Consumption Summary), shall i add the Fan kwh consumption
for heating, for cooling, for heating and cooling and for floating to get
the annual consumption of that
specific fan/system? Is this the proper way of doing this?
Others:
3. Can we use Visual DOE in modeling CHILLED BEAMS? How? Which system from
the
Selection can we use for such? What could possibly be the inputs for these
Systems that is applicable from the input selection of the selected SYSTEM
ALTERNATIVE for CHILLED BEAMS?
4. How about the inputs for Energy Transfer Station like Pumps and Heat
Exchangers? Where can I see this? Is this already available in Visual DOE?
Usual
Configuration for projects served by district cooling.
Sorry for the number of questions that I have here.
Hope you can assist me on these.
Thanks everyone. You help is very much appreciated