[Bldg-sim] Spike In Fan Power

David Kaiser davidkais at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 13:29:04 PST 2009

I am completing an energy model of a building that uses fan coils in the
zones, but are extracting outdoor air from induction units that first
dehumidify and then reheat the air accordingly.  Of the air that passes
through the fan coils 15% of the air comes from the outside air, 85% is
recycled plenum air.  The way that the schedules are set up at the moment,
the Air Handler Units should be running 24 hours at full capacity.  In
addition, the fan coil unit fans are only running 12 hours a day as an
ON/OFF schedule.

Though I believe I have specified all the fan schedules, I am seeing varying
fan power in each month with a spike in fan power in March and April.  I do
not have exhaust fans specified.  Where might this spike in ventilation come
from?

Thanks,
Dave