[Bldg-sim] BLDG-SIM / Energy Plus / Weather / Resources.

JRR energy.wwind at cox.net
Mon Jan 26 12:19:23 PST 2009

Hi;

I have come across a massive source of weather data, mostly for US
locations.

The primary utility here is in work sorting out existing buildings /
HVAC systems
by comparison to hourly meter readings.  Monthly utility bills are
generally  fraught with
detail problems. Our local electricity utility bills cover anywhere from
28 days to 35 days and
successive years don't always have the same number of billed days for a
particular month.

The website  http://www.intellicast.com/Default.aspx   has an entry
window just below  the
Site Banner and top-of-page advertisement.  It is in the middle of the
webpage left to right.
Type in a city and state ( US ) and click on local weather. Let's say
you entered Vienna, VA.

The refreshed page has a new horizontal band below the Entry window for
Local IDs.
labeled 'Current Conditions'  at the bottom left corner of that block
there is a hot link
labeled 'View Detailed observation for the last 48 hours'  Click it.

The webpage refreshes and shows an hour temperature chart first, then
Past Cumulatives,
and third Observations reports that give Time, Date, Temp, Dew Pt, RH,
Pressure, Vis,
Ceiling, Wind Direction, Speed, Gust; and cloud cover.

Most sites have exactly 48 hours of data, but some like Greenville, SC
currently have hourly
and better data going all the way back to October.

The hourly data can be copied to the Windows Clipboard and pasted into a
word processor.

John R Ross III  PE
Westwind Corporation
Vienna, VA  22182-1958