[Bldg-sim] Modeling Baseline Exterior wall for Renovation

Alex Chapin alexc at 2rw.com
Mon Jan 12 12:32:18 PST 2009

The way it works is as follows:

-Step 1, Compare proposed model to baseline model with existing wall and use this to achieve points
(p. 181 of LEED NC 2.2 EA Credit 1 Calculations Section)

-Step 2, Compare proposed model to baseline model with ASHRAE 90.1 walls as a check to make sure proposed is at least this efficient
(At the moment I can't remember where I read this, maybe a CIR? Can anyone confirm this?)

Alex Chapin, E.I.T., LEED AP
Energy Engineer
2rw Consultants
T: 434-296-2116 ext. 101