[Bldg-sim] Trace 700 - VAV Reheat with Baseboard Heating

Zeng, Ming mzeng at leoadaly.com
Tue Jan 6 08:13:26 PST 2009

You may use VAV w/Baseboard Heating or VAV Reheat(30% Min Flow Default). However, you probably can't have both VAV reheat coil and baseboard heating in one system. I think it doesn't matter though, since the heating load from the window will ultimately be provided by  central plant , such as boiler. For TRACE, whether this envelope heating load is addressed by finned tube or VAV reheat coil will be the same for Boiler and Pump as central plant level.

You can also call TRACE tech support. They are very experienced and probably can give you more suggestions.

Ming Zeng, PE, LEED(r) Accredited Professional
Mechanical Engineer

[http://mail.leoadaly.com/ladlogorednl2.gif]
730 Second Avenue South, Suite 1100, Minneapolis, MN 55402-2455
T 612.338.8741    F 612.338.4840    D 612.341.9539
www.leoadaly.com<http://www.leoadaly.com>    MZeng at leoadaly.com<mailto:MZeng at leoadaly.com>

[http://mail.leoadaly.com/greentree.gif]Please consider the environment before printing.