[Bldg-sim] LEED EaC1

Nathan Miller nathanm at rushingco.com
Tue Jan 27 09:30:41 PST 2009

>From my experience the Seattle Energy Code (as opposed to the Washington
State Energy Code) gets you pretty close to the two point requirement for
typical commercial buildings; maybe in the 11-12% savings range. Then if
you tack on a couple of not-too-harsh measures you can get to the
threshold.

It has actually been a little disappointing (from the view point of an
energy-conservation-dork, not of course from a consultant providing a
service to a client) to see that some barely-better-than-code buildings
slide by the minimum efficiency requirements and then call it a day.

Nathan Miller

Senior Energy Engineer/Mechanical Engineer

direct: 206.788.4577