[Bldg-sim] Exterior lighting power

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Mon Jul 6 11:16:55 PDT 2009

James Hess brought up a point about exterior lighting power in 90.1-2004 models. I'm currently finishing up a LEED 2.2 model, and am setting up my exterior lighting loads for my base building. I used table9.4.5 to calculate the allowable exterior lighting for this and it comes out to 4.6 kW for a 10,00 ft2 building. Seems high. The biggest part of this load is the building façade component which allows 0.2 w/lf for the facades. How do you calculate this - do you assume ALL the facades of the base building will be lit - even if they are not lit in the designed building?

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE
1201 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30361
Responsive Design · Technological Expertise · Exceptional Service
Please visit our new website | www.lordaecksargent.com <file:///\\www.lordaecksargent.com\>

P Think GREEN before you print.