[Bldg-sim] Line Voltage Track Lighting for LEED

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 09:06:51 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'm working on a project that is using line-voltage track lighting.  They
have specified 4-watt LED fixtures.  Section 9 of ASHRAE specifies that for
line-voltage track lighting the installed lighting shall be a minimum of 30
w/linear foot.  With the fixtures specified, I don't think we could even
*fit* 30 w/sf on the tracks.  Has anyone received a variance for this
requirement for LEED EA Credit 1?  We may try to argue that we should use
the maximum wattage that could fit on the tracks, given the fixture choice,
but we would really like to use the wattage of the actual installed
fixtures.

Karen