[Bldg-sim] Hiring Energy Engineers

Kate Merrill kmerrill at energy-solution.com
Wed Jun 3 13:08:08 PDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

We are currently looking for Energy Engineers with experience in
building simulation and energy modeling. If you or anyone you know may
be interested, don't hesitate to get in touch. See job announcement
below.

Cheers,

Kate Merrill

Energy Solutions

1610 Harrison

Oakland CA, 94612

Direct: 510.482.4420 x 223

Fax: 510.482.4421

kmerrill at energy-solution.com

www.energy-solution.com

Junior, Mid-level, and Senior Energy Engineers - Job Announcement

Energy Solutions was founded in 1995 to tap the power of the California
market to address climate change and sustainability issues through
energy efficiency and renewable energy sources. As one of the leading
consulting firms in our field, we specialize in energy efficiency
program design, implementation, and marketing as well as solar
feasibility studies and financing and water conservation programs.

Energy Solutions currently has 55 employees and is rapidly expanding our
client base as well as developing new services for clients. We are
currently seeking full-time junior, mid-level, and full or part-time
senior energy engineers to join our growing engineering group.

Responsibilities:

Energy engineers will be responsible for conducting all aspects of
building energy studies (energy audits) in commercial and industrial
facilities, including preliminary data analysis, on-site data
collection, equipment power monitoring, evaluation of ECMs (energy
conservation measures), and potential demand response and
self-generation opportunities, and report generation. Energy engineers
will report to the engineering group manager and will work closely with
other team members as necessary and on more complex projects.

Qualifications:

Candidates should hold an engineering degree from an accredited
university. Professional licensing (P.E.) required for senior-level
candidates. Candidates are preferred to have comprehensive knowledge of
commercial building systems including HVAC and ventilation, lighting,
envelope, domestic water, motors and drives.

*	Junior candidates should possess 0-3 years of applicable
experience
*	Mid-level candidates should possess 3-7 years of applicable
experience
*	Senior candidates should possess 7+ years of applicable
experience

Knowledge and experience with building simulation and energy modeling
software, building automation and controls, building commissioning and
retrocommissioning, industrial process equipment, and renewable energy
projects is also strongly desired. Mentoring and training skills are
valuable for mid-level and senior candidates.

Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently as
well as within a team is required of all candidates.

Our BART-accessible office is located in downtown Oakland, California.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous
retirement package.  Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits
package, including medical (Kaiser) and dental insurance, and other
pre-tax contribution plans.  Please email a cover letter with your
available start date, your resume and a technical writing sample to
kmerrill at energy-solution.com.  For more information about Energy
Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com
<http://www.energy-solution.com/> .