[Bldg-sim] Ashrae 90.1 - LEED Energy Modeling -- District Cooling

ashraf khan ashraf at mecsd.com
Sun Jun 7 23:50:23 PDT 2009

Hello All,

I am having question regarding ASHRAE 90.1, appendix G.

I am modeling a 238,840 sqft Residential building for as per LEED
Requirements. Project is using Purchase Chilled water from District cooling
plant as Refrigerant.

As per LEED Document for District Cooling I am using Fan Coil Unit in
Basecase and added cost for purchased Chilled water.

Can any one please tell me how can I get savings in HVAC Systems?

How can I improve efficiency of systems for more savings?

Thanks & Regards,

 Ashraf Ali Khan, LEED AP

 Energy Engineer