[Bldg-sim] ESP-r related activities at and after IBPSA 09

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Jun 12 06:27:07 PDT 2009

Those of you who are planning on attending the IPBSA 09 Conference in
Glasgow might want to know that there are several ESP-r related events.

On the Thursday afternoon and Friday at the end of the conference (30-31
July)  there will be an ESP-r introductory workshop.  This will be a great chance for
an overview of the new 11.7 version and to talk with the experts.

On the Saturday (1 August) there will be a one day workshop on the design, creation
and use of air flow networks within ESP-r. Learn from those who have created hundreds of
flow networks and leverage your models to deal with natural and hybrid
ventilation!

See the conference web site www.bs2009.org.uk for more details on the
venu and the costs.  Note: it is possible to sign up for the workshops
even if you are not planning on attending the full conference.  We think that
many will be interested in the Applications Day so check out the details,
register on the web site and send an email to Jon Hand at the email
address below.

There will be an ESP-r Community meeting at lunch on Tuesday the 28th
of July.  We will be reviewing the current state of ESP-r and discussing
its evolution.  If you want to join in the discussions please contact Jon Hand.

On the Monday after the conference there will be a coding workshop for
those who would like to join the community of ESP-r software developers
or improve their source code work-flow.

The management of source code control can be a challenge and this workshop
will help guide you through the maze.  Those of you who have svn branches but
have not successfully contributed code might find this workshop gets you to
the top of the hill and those who have gotten lost in conflicts or in the
testing phases can learn some of the tips-of-the-trade. The coding workshop
is essentially free (we might pass around the hat for coffee). If you
want to join in please contact Jon Hand.

Regards,

Jon Hand, ESRU, University of Strathclyde
jon at esru.strath.ac.uk