[Bldg-sim] Automated Louvers simulation

Hammad, Fawwaz Fawwaz.Hammad at atkinsglobal.com
Sun Jun 14 01:09:10 PDT 2009

Dear All,

I'm working on a study. It is about the dynamic facades (building automation) . One of the façade feature which I'm trying to test is the automated louvers which has a control which is connected to the HVAC and lighting system. I am trying to test this feature in a certain weather. Does anybody know an energy simulation tool that can make such simulations? Due to my architectural background, I would prefer if it is a graphic user friendly interface to a simulation engine.

Best Regards,

Fawwaz Hammad

Senior Architect
Atkins Middle East

WS Atkins & Partners Overseas, P.O. Box 7562, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
Tel: + 9712 6271500

Fax: +9712 6270999

E-mail: fawwaz.hammad at atkinsglobal.com <mailto:fawwaz.hammad at atkinsglobal.com>

www.atkins-me.com <blocked::http://www.atkins-me.com/>

www.atkinsglobal.com <blocked::http://www.atkinsglobal.com/>

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered in England No. 1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW. A list of wholly owned Atkins Group companies registered in the United Kingdom can be found at http://www.atkinsglobal.com/terms_and_conditions/index.aspx