[Bldg-sim] Appendix G Zoning

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Wed Jun 17 14:22:42 PDT 2009

Exceptions to G3.1.1:
 (c) If the baseline HVAC system type is 5, 6, 7, or 8, use separate
single-zone systems conforming with the requirements
of System 3 or System 4 (depending on building
heat source) for any zones having special pressurization
relationships, cross-contamination requirements, or code required
minimum circulation rates.

I'm modeling a building that has baseline system 7. If I read this
correctly then all lab spaces will have their own system and that system
will conform to system 3  from table g3.1.1A. Is that correct? If so -
are all of my lab spaces going to be packaged single zone units? That
doesn't seem right - especially since lab spaces are more than 50% of
the building area in this case.

I'd appreciate anyone's help with this.

Thanks
Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366
LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE
1201 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30361
Responsive Design * Technological Expertise * Exceptional Service
Please visit our new website | www.lordaecksargent.com
<file:///\\www.lordaecksargent.com\>
P Think GREEN before you print.