[Bldg-sim] IES Ltd. job posting

Lindsay Kinnally lindsay.kinnally at iesve.com
Fri Jun 19 06:44:43 PDT 2009

IES is now hiring a Green Building Consultant/Simulation Engineer in
their Boston and San Francisco offices.  Please see the posting below.

Green Building Consultant/Simulation Engineer

Integrated Environmental Solutions (IES) Ltd. is an international
company (headquarters in Glasgow, Scotland with 7 global locations)
providing unique solutions to our customers.  In addition to offering
sustainability consulting services, IES is the developer of the
innovative building performance analysis software, The Virtual
Environment (The <VE>).  The demand for new and existing projects to
perform detailed thermal and energy analysis is growing rapidly and our
goal is to provide this service to our clients, or teach them to use the
<VE> as part of their building design process. We are looking for
motivated candidates to join our team in San Francisco, CA and Boston,
MA for a full-time position.

The Candidates:

*          Mechanical (HVAC) Engineer with a minimum of 3 years
professional experience.

*          Experience with building simulation software is a plus
(daylighting, thermal, computational fluid dynamics, etc.), however
experience using the <VE> is not an explicit requirement.  IES will
provide full training to the right candidate(s).

*          Strong communicators with an interest in diverse experiences
who can work directly with our clients to inform sustainable design.

*          LEED accredited professionals or a candidate with experience
on LEED projects is a plus.

The Role:

Play an integral role in IES's expanding international consulting team
(in our San Francisco office).  Provide creative simulation analysis for
sustainable building designs, and advise clients on the implementation
of innovative, high efficiency strategies.  You will be assisting to
redefine the industry during these exciting times, and we guarantee you
will not be bored!  Specific tasks include:

*          Participation in consulting project teams

*          Working with our software customers to successfully implement
the Virtual Environment by participating in training and offering
troubleshooting assistance

*          Research on relevant software development issues

*          Software testing

*          Developing case study content

Performance analysis capabilities of the <VE> and services provided by
IES's consulting group:

*          Carbon analysis/tracking

*          Daylighting

*          Energy Analysis (early stage and detailed)

*          Thermal Comfort Analysis

*          Airflows (CFD) - External/Internal

*          Water Calculations

*          The trade-offs and synergies associated with all the above.

Some travel may be required for face-to-face training, though this will
not represent a significant proportion of the candidate's time.

The benefits:

IES offers unparalleled opportunities in which to build and progress a
career in integrative design process facilitation and LEED, and the
evolving landscape of BIM + Performance Analysis with the ability to
develop both personally and professionally. Benefits include a
competitive salary; private health care; potential travel; a
contributory pension scheme (401k), life insurance, opportunity to
practice internationally, and an exciting and supportive working
environment.

Please send a cover letter and your resume to careers at iesve.com
<mailto:careers at iesve.com> .

IES is one of 100 European companies listed in The Guardian Library
House 2008 Cleantech 100, in recognition of its -beneficial
environmental impact and potential for future growth.

We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of
non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, age, sex,
religion or national origin.