[Bldg-sim] LEED / 90.1 Appendix G Base System Table

Mike Kennedy consumer at madronagrove.com
Mon Jun 22 13:15:29 PDT 2009

Hi All,

Washington State is thinking of using 90.1 Appendix G as the basis of
a performance path to it's commercial   building energy
code.  Looking at the base system table I was uncertain of how to
model the base system for a typical 100000sf warehouse with gas fired
unit heaters.  Is there a common way to interpret the system
requirements for LEED modeling?

 From building size the base system would be package VAV with
reheat.  Since no cooling is installed in the proposed system the
fans on the faux cooling system must cycle.  What was confusing is
that Appendix G requires I model the same cooling system in the
proposed.  How does one model unit heaters with low fan power while
also modeling VAV cooling system?