[Bldg-sim] Cost of LEED certification

Scott Schreffler ScottS at Dykeman.net
Mon Jun 8 09:39:54 PDT 2009

This is an old study (2003) and costs have gone down from what I hear.  Can anyone comment on other sources of cost information that's more current?

Scott Schreffler, LEED AP
project designer

DYKEMAN | INSPIRING EVERYDAY SPACES
architecture - interior design - planning - graphic design
direct: 425.609.2355
fax: 425.609.2356
cel: 425.870.2656
www.dykeman.net

-----Original Message-----
From: bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org [mailto:bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org]On Behalf Of P. Hay
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 8:36 AM
To: Bldg-Sim
Subject: [Bldg-sim] Cost of LEED certification

I recall someone once asked about the time needed to be spent on LEED certification.  Well, I have just come across a report prepared by Northbridge Environmental Management Consultants <http://www.nbenvironmental.com> entitled Analyzing the Cost of obtaining LEED Certification, which is available online at the following link:

http://www.cleanair-coolplanet.org/for_communities/LEED_links/AnalyzingtheCostofLEED.pdf

It indicates that the documentation takes 226 working hours on average to prepare and costs between US$8,000 - US$70,000 per project: the first project costing between US$30,000 - US$60,000.

Paul Hay

Managing Partner

PAUL HAY Capital Projects

Strategic Facility Planning and Implementation

15a Cassia Park Road

Kingston 10

Jamaica, W.I.

tel: 1 (876) 756-0631