[Bldg-sim] Bldg-sim Digest, Vol 19, Issue 20

Robby Oylear robbyo at rushingco.com
Tue Jun 23 12:37:01 PDT 2009

I'm not sure I follow you.  By cycling with occupancy do you mean that the
system must provide ventilation air while occupied?  If that's the case
then the fans would never turn off during occupied hours and then would
cycle with the load during unoccupied hours.

Why would you not model a heating system in the proposed building?  The
scenario is for a warehouse that has heating but no cooling.  I don't see
a requirement anywhere in Appendix G for the baseline and proposed to have
the same fan system, so I believe when it states that the same cooling
system is to be modeled in the baseline and proposed they mean just the
cooling coil and heat rejection device.

Robby Oylear, LEEDR AP

Mechanical Engineer

direct: 206.788.4571