[Bldg-sim] [Equest-users] Corrections to EIR, PLR and Cooling Capacity in Baseline Building

Matutinovic, Luka LMatutinovic at halsall.com
Wed Jun 24 13:42:07 PDT 2009

Does this issue not extend to all equipment, including boilers?  For all
the LEED users out there, does anyone know if the USGBC / ASHRAE specify
part-load performance of chillers and boilers?  If not, do you simply
use default eQuest curves, or do you use curves from manufacturers for
the actual equipment getting installed?

Up here in Canada, modelling rules developed for our energy standard
(MNECB) specify the curves that have to be used in the reference
building.

Luka Matutinovic, B.A.Sc., LEED(r) AP
Green Building Consultant

T. 416.644.0649