[Bldg-sim] Optics5

D. Charlie Curcija curcija at designbuildersoftware.com
Tue Jun 30 16:16:37 PDT 2009

WINDOW 5/WINDOW6 imports Optics database, user portion, not .usr files.
So when you are done generating laminate, select User Database from the
toolbar (there is choice of Main db and User db). You should be able to
see your laminate that you generated (under Laminate category).  Then
simply close Optics, open W5 or W6 and in Preferences, under Optical
Data tab, click on radio button "Optics 5 User Database and make sure
that it is UserGlazing.mdb under LBNL Shared subdir (this is all deafult
for OPTICS, so if you did not change path in OPTICS this should work,
otherwise you need to navigate to correct mdb file).  Then close
preferences, go to Glass library and click on Import, select "IGDB or
Optics User Database" from the drop down menu under Format and click
OK.  If everything is right, you will see your laminate that you created
in OPTICS and will be able to import it.

Charlie Curcija
DesignBuilder Software