[Bldg-sim] Comparison of building simulation tools

Ratnalee Patil ratnalee at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 13:13:41 PST 2009

Mohammed,

Crawley et al (2005) is an excellent source of information regarding simulation tools. They have compared 20 softwares including TRNSYS, ESPr, DOE2, and BLAST. The report can be found at the link below:

Crawley D., Hand J., Kummert M., Griffith B. (July 2005). ‘Contrasting the capabilities of building energy performance simulation programs’, version 1.0, United States Department of Energy, University of Strathclyde and University of Wisconsin.

http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/tools_directory/pdfs/contrasting_the_capabilities_of_building_energy_performance_simulation_programs_v1.0.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ratnalee Patil