[Bldg-sim] Survey regarding types of HVAC systems used?

Paul Raftery pkraftery at lbl.gov
Tue Mar 3 12:51:28 PST 2009

Hi all,

I have a query regarding the percentage breakdown of types of HVAC systems
used in office buildings. i.e. What percentage of buildings use VAV, dual
duct, radiant systems, NV, etc.

As of yet I have been unable to find any study regarding this, but I'm
hoping that at least one has been done. Up to date statistics for the US or
Europe would be preferred, but if you know of any information (even if it is
outdated), that would be a big help. Likewise, if you know of studies that
are for other types of buildings - labs, schools, hospitals etc. - please
let me know.

Thanks!

Paul Raftery

=====================
Contact Details
=====================
Paul Raftery, BEng(Hons) (Mech), Fulbright Fellow
Building Technology Department,
Environmental Energy Technologies Division,
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory,
1 Cyclotron Road,
Berkeley,
California 94720-8134,