[Bldg-sim] How to unconditioned a Zone

Teck Chew chew3yuffie3 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 07:52:01 PST 2009

Hi all,

Can someone please explain to me how can I unconditioned(non air-conditioned) the core of the office building, 2 storey (available in one of eQUEST default selection)?
I'm exploring the simulation of an office building in which the core of the building is designed to be a huge store room (non-air conditioned) while the perimeter space consists of rooms which are air conditioned.
I tried selecting the core zone and "unconditioned" it in the "Building foorprint-zone characteristics *pg3 of wizard screen*" but the simulation results of the space cooling load is the same as when the whole building is air-conditioned. I expected it to be much less since the core is unconditioned.

Have I done anything wrong? Do appreciate it if someone can enlightened me.

Thanks a million.

Warmest Regards,
TC