[Bldg-sim] Preannouncement - 8th International Radiance Workshop @ Harvard

Reinhart, Christoph reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 5 05:30:31 PST 2009

Dear colleagues,

It is my pleasure to announce that we will be hosting this year's
International Radiance Workshop on October 22/23 at the Harvard Graduate
School of Design. The school is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts,
which is part of the Boston Metropolitan Area. Logan Airport is the
closest international airport. The International Radiance Workshops are
annual gatherings of developers and users of the Radiance backward
raytracer. The workshop consists of a series of presentations that in
the past included case studies on the use of Radiance in lighting and/or
daylighting projects, recent advanced in glare detection, visual comfort
and energy savings from lighting controls as well as the use of Radiance
in Art and Design. At least one session is typically also dedicated to
technical advances that have been made within the Radiance engine over
the past year. Presentations from previous workshops can be downloaded
from http://www.radiance-online.org/.

We are planning to split the workshop into an 'application day'
(Thursday) and a more 'technical day' (Friday). Workshop fees have not
been determined, yet, but should be within the $250 to $300 range. We
will offer a reduced student registration fee. I will soon send out
another email with registration details and a call for presentations.
For now, mark your calendars!

I look forward to welcoming you in Cambridge,

Christoph

Christoph Reinhart, Dr. Ing.

Associate Professor of Architectural Technology

Graduate School of Design - Harvard University

Gund Hall 331b, 48 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA

t: 617 384 7269, f: 617 495 8916, reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu
<mailto:reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu>

Daylighting Design: www.daysim.com <http://www.daysim.com/>