[Bldg-sim] DX cooling & fan energy

m.lebourhis m.lebourhis at elioth.fr
Thu Mar 5 09:38:12 PST 2009

Hi all,

I am currently carrying out the energy modelling for LEED, and I need to
model a packaged rooftop air conditioner (system 4) for some zones of the
baseline building.

For the cooling part, I understand I should be using an EER of 9.7 and that
it should vary, along with the unit capacity, according to the defaults
DOE-2 curves. My question is: does this include fan energy, or does it come
on top of that?

And if it does come on top, should the fan energy be modelled as constant
volume, cycling on and off, and with its power calculated as indicated in
90.1’s appendix G?

Regards,

Mathieu

Mathieu Le Bourhis

Iosis Concept // ingénieur Elioth

 <blocked::http://www.iosigroup.fr/>

www.elioth.fr <blocked::http://www.elioth.fr/>

façades - structures spéciales - environnement

Iosis Concept // Elioth

4, rue Dolorès Ibarruri

TSA 80006

F 93188 Montreuil Cedex