[Bldg-sim] Solar Shade Simulation

Omer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Wed Mar 18 05:35:02 PDT 2009

Dear List Members,

I would appreciate suggestions on the following project:

We are working on a multi-block residential housing in a topography will hills and valleys (max inclination around 10 degrees). We would like to place the buildings in this topography so that even the first floors receive sunlight for at least a few hours on 21 December. We are looking for software to help us with locating and orientating the buildings so that individual buildings do not block each other from receiving irradiation in this manner.

Kind regards.

Omer Moltay, LEED AP