[Bldg-sim] Role of Global Solar radiation in Simulation

aviruch bhatia aviruchbhatia at yahoo.co.in
Fri Mar 20 10:25:31 PDT 2009

Dear all,

We are working on a project in which we measured the actual global solar horizontal radiation through out an year. Can we know the direct normal and/or diffuse horizontal radiation from the available global radiation value.
Upon changing the global radiation, we haven't found any effect on the energy consumption of a building which is modeled in Designbuilder and EnergyPlus using .epw weather file. Does global horizontal radiation have any affect in energy simulation, if yes, please let us know the output parameters which are affected by this variable?

Thanks and regards
Aviruch Bhatia
M. Tech. (Final Year)
Energy Engineering
Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur