[Bldg-sim] eQuest: Has Anyone Used DProfiler Yet?

Eric Studer estuder at dmiinc.com
Mon Mar 23 04:48:16 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am wondering whether or not anyone out there has used DProfiler yet as a
geometry generation tool for eQuest models?  I know the program is an input
for the SD and DD wizards; it would be handy to be able to quickly enter the
geometry of a building using a program such as DProfiler then use detailed
mode to fine tune the systems.  The program also provides rough estimates of
cost implications associated with different design options using RS Means.

I have done a quick review of the program and found the greatest drawback to
my approach described above is that DProfiler overwrites many default values
with specific inputs rather than entering 'user defined defaults'.  As a
result, making changes in the detailed edit mode can take almost as much
time as entering the geometry our standard way.

Has anyone else used this program yet?
http://www.beck-technology.com/product_dp.asp

Thanks,

Eric