[Bldg-sim] Heat Recovery with Runaround Loop

Robby Oylear robbyo at rushingco.com
Fri Mar 27 11:52:17 PDT 2009

Has anyone had any success in predicting the energy savings for a
runaround water loop for heat recovery?  I've done some google'ing and
found a couple references to ClimateQuest's Heat Analyzer Tool, but
they're all dated 2005 or earlier and ClimateQuest doesn't seem to be
around anymore.

Does anyone have any tips or tools for analyzing this measure?  As far as
I know eQUEST is not capable of this because I'm recovering heat between
two separate airflows that are unequally sized.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robby Oylear, LEEDR AP

Mechanical Engineer