[Bldg-sim] ASHRAE 62.1

RobertWichert robert at wichert.org
Wed Mar 25 12:24:27 PDT 2009

I posted an ASHRAE 62.1 question to this list a few days ago.  I have
made a lot of progress since then, but there are still a few nagging
questions.  I know that ASHRAE 62.1 is not a primary focus of this list,
but I hope that some of you LEED gurus out there will help me out.

Basically I am looking to find out if population diversity can be used,
across the board, to reduce the system outside air requirements in 62.1
and if you can do that, how do you document room-by-room compliance as
required by LEED Existing Building requirements?  My thoughts right now
are to use population diversity to reduce the entire system OA
requirement, but to check that every room with only one person gets the
required OA allotment.

This is perhaps more strict than necessary.

All ideas are welcome, but if somebody is an ASHRAE 62.2 guru, I 'd love
to correspond off-list on this.

Cheers!

--
Robert P. Wichert, P.Eng.