[Bldg-sim] IES VE: Radiant, hollow core ceiling

Minu Agarwal Minu.Agarwal at BuroHappold.com
Thu Mar 5 12:53:45 PST 2009

Hi Rebecca,

What I would is utilise IESs' good capability in modelling building
physics. The hollow concrete slab could be modelled as a narrow,
concrete "plenum" above the zone to be conditioned via the cooled slab.
This "plenum" zone could then be supplied with the evaporatively cooled
air at estimated rate.

I would not go down the path of chilled beams as they are difficult to
control and esp difficult to monitor in the Vista. Also concrete is not
amongst the material types for chilled ceiling. The heat transfer rate
could get exaggerated with other material types.

Hope this helps.

Minu