[Bldg-sim] IES VE: Radiant, hollow core ceiling

Peter Simmonds peter.simmonds at ibece.net
Thu Mar 5 13:24:15 PST 2009

We tried to model radiant systems in IES and it failed miserably (the
creation of a floor plenum, adding energy, trying to see what happened,
a nightmare).

I would suggest at this present date, TRNSYS or ROOM (E+TA), for those
who can wait ASHRAE is sponsoring the development of a radiant system
design and evaluation tool (RP 1383)

Peter Simmonds. Ph.D.
Senior Associate, Advanced Technology Group

IBE Consulting Engineers
14130 Riverside Drive Suite 201
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
p:   (818) 377-8220 ext. 246
f:    (818) 377-8230
m:  (818) 219-1284

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message