[Bldg-sim] Infiltration on Exterior Wall

Tony Kriel TKriel at sustaineng.com
Wed May 6 08:16:52 PDT 2009

Energy Modelers,

I am in the detailed mode of eQuest and I would like to simulate reducing the infiltration on the exterior walls by half.  I would like to simulate this using the parametric runs feature.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Basically, I was hoping to create a global parameter that would incorporate the following statement:
If "Exterior Wall", then "INF-FLOW/AREA"/2, else "No change"

However, I have not had experience using the global parameter feature and tying it into a parametric run and I'm not familiar with the syntax of eQuest.

Tony Kriel, LEED AP
Mechanical Engineer
tkriel at sustaineng.com<mailto:tkriel at sustaineng.com>
(608) 231-9664 ext. 16