[Bldg-sim] Bldg-sim Digest, Vol 18, Issue 11 6. Track Lighting for ASHRAE 90.1-2004 Appendix G (Karen Walkerman)

Talbert, Joshua jtalbert at hallam-ics.com
Tue May 12 13:38:07 PDT 2009

Hello Karen et al:

Per Appendix G, Table G3.1 - 6. Lighting (b) Where a lighting system has been designed, lighting power shall be determined in accordance with  9.1.3 and 9.1.4.

Therefore, Yes. I make the interpretation that in your proposed model's case, you will need to include the specified wattage of the transformer supplying the system, as you say per (d) under section 9.1.4.

Josh

Joshua W. Talbert P.E., LEED-AP
Mechanical Engineer
Hallam///ICS
38 Eastwood Dr. Suite 200
S. Burlington, VT 05403
P: (802) 658-4891
F: (802) 658-1457

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information contained in this transmission, as well as any accompanying documents, constitutes confidential and/or legally privileged information which is the property of Hallam-ICS. The information is intended solely for the individual entity named on this transmittal sheet. If you are not the designated recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Opinions, conclusions and the information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.